What will you be doing on the Day of DH?
March 26, 2012 in About Day of DH
Some people ask what they should blog about and how many posts they should post. Here are some ideas:
- Your first post might be an About <your name> post to introduce yourself. Go ahead and write that post before the day even starts. This is a place where you can mention projects you won’t be working on during the day.
- Write a post for the 3 to 5 major events or tasks you work on. Don’t feel you have to post on every email you write.
- Feel free to write the posts at the end of the day or to add text to them later. We will give everyone a week or so to edit their posts as we realize many people are too busy during the day to write reflective posts.
- Take a look at what other people post and respond to them if you want.
- Post some pictures too, but remember to ask permission of anyone who appears in the picture. (And no children please.)
- Many are traveling or otherwise not working on digital humanities stuff on the 27th. In that case you can post about what you might have done, or what you think about the posts of others. We’ve had people at home with kids, people posting after a day traveling, people posting who stayed home to read and so on…